Thursday, May 10, 2007

Day 26. Thursday, May 10th 2007. 5 days till court

Oh my goodness you guys. If you read yesterdays blog you will know what we did today. Absolutely nothing !!! LOL. I'm the only one that even left the apartment today. Can you believe that. Bob is not feeling good again. He was getting better, now this morning he was sick again. He took some of what he thinks is close to a Clartin. We had bought it at the store back when Natasha was first allowed to stay with us, because she had the bugger snots then. Not that Bob will go let Slavik read the directions and tell him if he can take more than a teaspoon of the stuff. Or even let Slavik run him to the store to get a decongestant. NO, we will wait this thing out until we go to the store with our facilitator tomorrow. Bob as been through a whole box of Kleenex today and is now onto paper towels. And sneezing his head off. So we may all be awake tonight. LOL. Although he did take some Tylenol PM before he went to bed, so this may help a lot. But, I can hear him breathing. LOL. Yea, we get to go out tomorrow !!! Natasha has spent about 5 or 6 hours on this computer today playing her English games. She is up to unit 3 now. She is doing so good. I'm glad she likes to play the games. She is so funny though when it comes to reading a story. The game will actually read a small story to her. All she has to do is turn the pages. Then they ask a series of questions about the story with multiple choice answers. She has to pick the right answers to get through it. Well, she goes right to the questions without listening to the story and tries to memorize the answers. She always gets at least a few of the questions wrong & of course, doesn't get through that part of the game. She knows she has to do all parts to get to go to another level. She gets so mad when she gets a wrong answer. I then tell her that she has to listen to the story. She rolls her eyes at me, goes to another part of the game and then goes back to the story later when she thinks I am not listening. She is too funny. Her friend Helena had school today and probably something else, because the two of them talked, but did not play today. I went for my usual 1 hour walk around the campus. Actually it was 55 minutes today because it started to rain. It was probably in the 50's today with on and off rain. It was one of those days when you wore your coat it was hot, and if you took it off it was cold. Unlike the weather we have been having at home. (That makes me so mad). LOL. So here is my only picture of the day. Sabrina, this one is for you girl.



Our facilitator said that it was safe to go ahead and book our return train and flights. So here is our return info. This is booked, and we pray that there will be no changes. If for some reason anything changes I will let everyone know.

We take the train on May 16th from Donetsk to Kiev. Leaves Donetsk at 7:00pm, gets into Kiev at 7:00am.

We are booked on Aerosvit flight #131 on May 19th from Kiev to JFK. Leaves Kiev at 1:00pm, gets into JFK at 4:25pm.

Then Airtran flight #212 from LaGuardia to Akron/Canton. Leaves Laguardia at 8:52pm, gets into Akron/Canton at 10:12pm.

OH YEA !!!!!!!!!! I can't wait. I so cannot stand myself. I can't wait to get home.

Oh Michelle. You guys get more of that than anyone I know. LOL. And, I know you clean your house because it is cleaner than mine. LOL. I am so sorry. Hope Jon and Ellie don't get it and I hope you guys are feeling better. Oh how I wish I could be jumping on the trampoline right now looking like a weird mom. I don't understand what happened. One day I could jump just fine, than poof, I'm a mom and jumping like one also. The same thing happens when I try to run. LOL. I look in the mirror and expect to see my 20 something self and I can't find it. I sooo miss my girls also. Who would have thought that Shauna would be missing me the most. I Love You my Shauna !!!

Hey Lucia. Yes, those pictures are so cute. Girls !!! Sorry about the e-mail we sent to you, but we thought that if we were in your position we would want to know. We don't know if it means anything or not. Just thought you might want to check it out.

Love to everyone,

Sweet dreams,

Gail

5 comments:

Robert Ray said...

Здравствулте! Natasha, Grandma и я настолько счастливы что вы будете домашние в Massilon, Огай Огайе очень скоро. Я планирую посетить с вами там скоро. Мы любим вас. Луч Grandpa

Robert Ray said...

Bob, get over this sick stuff -- we need you well and strong.
Gail, it gets better. Pretty soon you lose your memory, and think you've always been this good!

Anonymous said...

Ut Oh that means we have to find time to get the house clean. May be a problem with your kids schedules. Sabrina & Katrina worked on a project for school last evening at our house for 5 hrs. Took time out to eat and was on the computer again. They got done and hope the teacher likes it. It's amazing what they did on power point. I don't have the slightest idea how they did what they did. LOL
Anyway all is well here. We'll try to get a path through. Good luck and safe travel.
Love, Mom & Dad

Lucia said...

Hi, Bob, Gail & Natasha! You are in the home stretch. Keep your chin up, your noses dry of snot (that one's for Bob - lol) and keep your eye on the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! I know the girls are EXTREMELY eager for you all to come home!
Thank you for the head's up. Yes, had the tables been turned, we would have let you know as well. We are checking it out and hope for the best for Taya - whatever the end result may be. We received your e-mail yesterday and then received Rymma's letter right afterwards. :0) We are waiting for Val to translate it. It looks like the first line says "Dear Mama and Papa!" :0)
Norma, we are having a homework sleepover next weekend with Sammy, Jamie and another friend. They have to make a video and then record it onto DVD. John will be the cameraman, director and editor. I will be the set caterer. lol Isn't it amazing what these kids are required to do? I don't remember having to do all this stuff - and it was only 20 (cough - cough) - ok - 24 years since I graduated HS. LOL Yes, the kids are amazing what they know - it's scary at the same time! Thank you for ALL that you do for the girls - all that we see and don't see! We love you!
Bob & Gail, praying that your next few days fly by!
Lucia

Anonymous said...

I can not believe it has been twenty six days and there are five days left.

So, about this chatty thing. I am not chatty, I have a very busy mind and talk fast enough to get what I want to say out an heard so that in fact would make me a brilliant linguist.

It is getting warmer over here. Jerry had yesterday off so we redid a flower garden we have that was overgrown with weeds. It was funny because we had to edge it first and I kept on doing it 'wrong' and was to 'weak' to do it so Jerry rode in on his white horse and did it for me which works to my advantage.

Faith is causing trouble. See is sooooooooo curious and everything is an adventure when you are two feet tall.

Бог благословляет вас. Мы любим вас и пропускаем вас. Хорошее везение.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY- KT