Saturday, May 5, 2007

Day 21. Saturday May 5th, 2007. 10 days till court

Hello All. Today was a good day. It was nice and sunny. High 50's, low 60's. Something like that. Bob went to his church breakfast this morning. He said that he had a good time. They had bananas, oranges, and some kind of breakfast casserole. It had eggs, meat, cheese, etc.. (Yuck) I was very happy with my honey nut cheerios. LOL. Natasha and I went to English class this afternoon. When we arrived, nobody was there again. I was going to scream. But, Slavik went with me to make sure everything went OK. Pretty soon 1 student came. Then the teacher strolled in, then another student 15 minutes later. LOL. Ukrainian style class. I love it !! Laura had told me that they are all not in a hurry around here. A little more laid back. I think maybe we could learn something from all of this. My kinda style, that's for sure. LOL. Natasha and I didn't stay in class for more than about 1/2 an hour. They have been in session here a while and were already on taking Russian words and translating them into English words. Natasha is not there yet, so the class was too advanced for her already. But, that is OK. She is doing very well with what we have been doing together and she is continuing to progress in her English computer game.
Bob and I wanted to take a walk because it was such a beautiful sunny day out. We ran into one of our friends, Colleen. She showed us a different way to walk where we could go through the gardens that they have here. It was really nice. I guess everyone has a plot of land where they can grow vegetables, flowers, whatever they want. There are these small houses and I guess they sometimes spend weekends there. Some are more run down and some are kept up quite nice. Natasha was on the playground playing. So we gave her a choice. Walk with us, or stay and play. You guessed it. She stayed and played. LOL. Here are just a few pictures from our walk. There are so many gardens and we only saw a hand full of them. We probably saw about 50 of them today.



We had our chili for dinner and Natasha was invited to spend the night at Helena's apartment again. They are becoming quite the team, the two of them. And everything is sooo hilarious & they are always smiling and giggling. It is very fun to watch.

Dad Ray. Yes, I love your suggestion. I do think it's funny that they know the Bible better than you. LOL. You would think a person your age would have them memorized by now. Whhhaaaa.

Lucia. You are very welcome for taking the gifts. It was no problem. We just had to buy another suite case. LOL. Just kidding. It was no problem & I'm sure the girls enjoyed them. And, Mexican night is always a good time, count us in. If we are to make tortillas from scratch though, we need to buy a tortilla press first. Which we already plan on doing because we have enjoyed it so much.

Shauna, my love. You are so funny. For those of you who don't know. Lucia is my ex-husbands wife. We get together at times for dinner or whatever. I babysit their son sometimes. We all sit together at choir concerts, band concerts, recitals, whatever. Shauna is making fun of our "ridiculous" family. It can be a little weird I suppose, but it has worked for us, and is better for the kids. And Lucia takes good care of my children when they are with her and their dad. She is a good step-mom. (Better than a wicked step-mom, I tell my kids)

Shauna I know you are beautiful tonight in your Prom dress, hair done just right. Make-up, jewelry, nails, all planned out. Shine girl !! I love you. I am anxious to see pictures.

Goodnight all,

Miss everyone,

Hugs & Kisses,

Gail

9 comments:

Rick said...

Saw Shauan and Cody tonight. They were all dressed up for prom and they looked great. My son Andrew is good friends with Cody. If you want send me your email address and I will send some pics to you. Still praying for you guys and the process till you hit US soil.
-Rick
www.rickroyer.blogspot.com

Lucia said...

Hi, Bob & Gail.
WOW!! Shauna you looked absolutely beautiful tonight!! Loved the dress, loved the shoes, loved the hair, loved it, loved it, loved it!!
Bob & Gail, when I asked Cody how Senorita Shauna looked, he answered, "Muy Bonita." I told him he better be good to her or I would beat his butt. LOL Yeah, he laughed too! LOL I didn't have my camera but Norma got pics.
Thank you, Gail, for your comments. You know I love the girls and would do anything for them. It's a family dinner date when you get home.
Shauna, yes, you may have a ridiculous family, but we ALL love you girls more than you know and if that means we're weird, I'll take it! :o) Love ya, Shauna (my favorite oldest stepdaughter, and Sammy (my favorite middle stepdaughter)and Sabrina (my favorite youngest stepdaughter)!
Bob & Gail, have a great day with Natasha tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob & Gail.
Shauna just showed me your blog and I've enjoyed catching up on your news. Glad to hear things are going well.
Shauna looked beautiful for the prom! They made a cute couple. We went over to your Mom and Dad's and took pictures and then took more at a friend's house. They both had a good time. I'll be glad to share pictures with you.
Hope things continue to go well for you both.
Take care,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Hi guys -

I saw Kendra Scibetta at church today. She said she has been reading your blog and has tried to post comments but wasn't able to. I think she wants you to know that she is following your progress there.
As a child from a broken family with parents who couldn't stand each other I would like to say how great I think your "ridiculous" family is. Your kids are so lucky to have ALL of you!
Keep hanging in there and I want in on the Mexican night. Maybe we could do it with small group. Tell Natasha we said hello.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad and Gail,
I can't wait till you and Natasha get home. Isn't the court date today Good luck with that. Tell Natasha I can't wait to see her and that I miss her very much. I haven't heard from you in a while please try to call. My Band Contest was on saturday. The judges said we did really good and that we got straight ones. My teacher said that was the best score you can get. I sorry you weren't there they said you weren't allowed to record or take pictures. I am glad you are having so much fun with Natasha and that everything is going well. Cailin and Kelly say Hi and we all miss you and Love. Can't wait till your all home.
Love Kim,

Anonymous said...

Thanks for article!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read articles like this. Thanks to author!

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!