Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 18. Wednesday, May 2nd 2007. 13 days till court

Hello All. Today was just a slow lazy day. It was not very warm outside. It's only about 35 degrees right now and only got somewhere in the 40's this afternoon. Natasha got up this morning and went right to the computer to play her "English" game. She must have played for at least 2 hours. It seems to be doing the job we want it too. That is a good thing. One of the kids from downstairs came up around 2:00pm to ask Natasha to play. So she went out to play & got out of doing English with me also. I'm sure she didn't mind though. LOL. Bob and I made Enchiladas again. This time for Slavik & Oksana & their family. We are getting popular around here for our Enchiladas. LOL. We did find out that the corn tortilla mix that we used last time, with Dave & Laura, you can't buy here. You have to buy it in the United States. Dave and Laura have left town for the next 12 days. So another couple we have met let us use their mix. So it seems that we may be sending more tortilla mix over with Shauna when she comes. LOL. I only have 1 picture today. Natasha and her friends were watching "The Chronicles Of Narnia" on Slavik's TV. Can you tell that they didn't want me to take their picture? LOL.



We went down to start dinner at about 4:00pm. After dinner we had Ice cream, and then Oksana & Helena made waffles & tea. We ate way too much. LOL. We talked till around 9:00pm. They have been very kind to us and are becoming good friends. Oksana speaks no English & we speak no Russian, so Slavik is always interpreting. I wish Oksana & I could talk. Short and sweet, but that was our day.

Dad Ray & Lucia. You are just jealous of our 3 ring Ray household circus. LOL. We wouldn't trade it for anything !!!!

Dan. You are so funny. I have to laugh at you deleting 200 pictures. We have had that same experience with our kids & Natasha is no different. When she gets a hold of our camera, we never know what we will get. We have not deleted anything yet, but we have pictures of pictures. LOL. It's too funny. The University is looking for ways to make money. I will ask if there is anyone here that would be willing to teach English at the orphanage. If I find anyone I will direct them your way. Yes, give that guy a call that we met here at church. I forget his name, but sounds like he is just needing more contacts or something like that. I forget how much the circus cost & Bob is asleep. I will try to remember to ask.

Krystal. Bob said that he would e-mail you the apartment information in the morning. It was fine though. We didn't have any problems. Different from anything at home. Key codes on doors. Two doors to get into apartment. I think they are all like that here though.

Robb & Jill. Thank you for the well wishes. We appreciate them. We have been meeting several new people since we put up our blog. One couple we even talked to on the phone, but have never met them yet. Bob went to your blog & it looks like you are coming here soon, again. Good luck to you guys.

Goodnight all,

God Bless,

Gail

3 comments:

Uncle Bob said...

Tortilla mix sounds like a way Shauna can make some extra money over there this summer!!! You know me, MAKE MONEY !--- After she replaces all you eat! Well I guess that isn't going to work. She would need a couple extra suite cases! HA HA!!!
Looks like everyone is chillen pretty good in the Pic. Have fun!

Did you find the spice you were looking for??

Robert Ray said...

Well, Gail, you might include in your book information about the meat that goes into your enchiladas. Do you recall the tacos de chi-wa-wa? You are the expert on this. And what is Shauna's plan to visit Ukraine -- hadn't heard about that as yet. Also, Grandma Virginia has been following the blogs, but can't seem to send a comment because of her computer's speed. She wanted me to tell you how much she enjoys keeping up with you guys.

Anonymous said...

uncle bob. you must not know me. if my mother has 5 suit cases packed, i probably have a book bag and a carry on. haha.


ps. i miss my mom : (