Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 25. Wednesday, May 9th 2007. 6 days till court.

Hello all. I am just laughing because on yesterday's blog is says 2006. LOL. That's just what happens when you are over here for too long. LOL. It was another slow day here. First I need to show you a picture of our sleeping beauties from last night. It was about 1:00am - 1:30am when they crashed. There is another room in this apartment with 2 beds in it. The girls pushed them together. Notice Helena's and Tanya arms are interlocked. LOL. They are all so cute.


They took the camera today and must have took at least 80 pictures. I'm not exaggerating either. Here are just a few of the crazy pictures that they took. I love girls !!


Helena.

Tanya.
We had bought a pineapple at the store. The girls asked if they could have some. We didn't realize they had the camera yet at this point. Too funny !!



So, as I said earlier, it was a slow day here. We did the usual English lessons. It kept looking like it was going to rain. It was in the 60's, but the clouds were dark and they were calling for rain. So I cross stitched & Bob did his Sudoku puzzles. Noon, still dark clouds. 1:00pm, still dark clouds, 2:00pm, etc.. etc... , but never any rain. They don't have Doppler radar over here to check where & when the rain is actually going to come. At 5:30 pm I said, "That's it, I'm going outside for a walk." "Anyone want to come with me." Nobody wanted to come, so i put my headset on again, listened to my tunes & walked the campus here till 6:30pm, because I COULDN'T STAND MYSELF ANYMORE. LOL. The rain started at 7:30pm. LOL. I made it just in time. The campus was pretty empty today because of it being a "Holiday" and all. It's Victory Day. Everyone must have been out celebrating. We heard fireworks tonight, but could not see them. That's about it. I know were our on the downward hill part of this trip, but come on !!! 25 days and counting. I am sooo home sick and miss everyone. I wanna go home you guys !!! I forgot to tell you that Laura & Dave upstairs have a bird. A Parakeet. Since they are gone, I have been feeding and taking care of the bird. His name is Petey. He refuses to come out of his cage, but I have got him to sit on my finger now. :) Did you have any doubt. LOL. Here is Petey. He also helps keep me sane. I don't think he appreciated getting his picture taken.


Hey Jan. I think I will miss it too when I get home. LOL. We did not see Elena or Alyona yesterday. I don't know if they were there or not. It was a busy place there yesterday. We are having our "party" on the 14th. Hopefully they will both be there for that. Yes, we have made some great friends here. This University is nice to stay at that way. I know we will miss our new friends as Natasha will miss hers also. We have already talked to Slavik about trying to keep Natasha and Helena in touch over the Internet and maybe by phone at times. We are hoping it will help her to keep her Russian language. We have read that it is hard for them to learn English & keep their Russian. So, we will see.

Hi Kendra. I'm so glad you can get on here now !! We are missing everyone. I did get an e-mail on my AOL account about the Meghans from Rob. So we did hear about it. I remember commenting to Bob about them leaving, going all the way to China and back before we get home. No Fair. LOL. I also heard about the 5am prayer. You guys are so awesome. I'm sure they really appreciated it. Looks like we are going to miss their homecoming. I love those homecomings. Thank you, thank you for all your prayers. They do mean so much to us. We feel so far away from everything and everyone. Knowing that you guys are praying helps. Give Lauren a hug and kiss from us. How sweet is that. What a cutie.

Katie. I was thinking that if you wanted to write a book maybe you should start your own blog. Whhhaaaa Whhhhaaaaa. I am still laughing at you. Even on-line you are chatty. LOL. That's what we love about you. And, you do get yourselves into some predicaments don't you ?? Oh my goodness girl. Maybe you shouldn't have read that book from small group. LOL. Thanks for all your prayers.

Oh Michelle. Please tell me that you guys are not barfing again at your house. LOL

David and Stacey. Thanks a lot guys !!! We are enjoying the attractions very much. Ha. LOL. Hope everything is going well for you now. Good luck.

Hey mom. Going to DQ after "everything" has become a tradition for us now. LOL. We enjoy it and so do the kids. It's fun. Thank you for the Choir picture. I am so proud of dad for opening up the pool this early. Usually he refuses. LOL. I can't wait to go swimming. Tell dad to have the temperature at 89 degrees on the 20th.

Hugs and Kisses to all,

God Bless,

Gail

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah - we started Friday with Adam throwing up then two days coming out the other end then back to throwing up. Then Mallory - now Matthew. It has been fun. I am praying that Jon and Ellie don't get it. They are not as good as the older kids at hitting a bucket! (Although Matthew missed several times and he's 10) Anyway, that was probably too much information but you asked!
Shauna and Sabrina stopped by the other day when they were walking the dog and they were so cute. Shauna's face was priceless when I asked her if she was ready for you to come home. She misses her mommy! Then later they were all three jumping on the trampoline together - so cute. We miss you guys.

Michelle

Lucia said...

Hi! LOVE the picture of the girls in bed and with the pineapple! LOL Like the pic of Petey, too! :o)
Keeping you in prayer!
Lucia