Sunday, April 15, 2007

STILL day 1 !!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness. This has been a day. After we left our hotel this morning we felt we had plenty of time to get to JFK. We were wrong. The weather here & while we were driving was not so good. It rained the entire time, but now started pouring. Visibility was not good & we of course, could not drive very fast. We arrived at JFK about 3:15pm, our flight was to leave at 4:20pm. We RAN to the departure area & to our surprise there were probably 500 or so people in line. No joke. This storm has messed up a lot of people. We talked to a Delta airline Representative & he looked straight at us and said. "That flight is closed, you can't get in." I said "I don't think so !!. I explained our situation with the cancellation of our flights, our driving to the airport, and our adoption. I said "We need on that flight, we have to be there & if were not there we have to start all over & that could take a year or more." He said "Sorry." Ha. Sorry, I don't think so. By this time I was furious & started crying. "We want to talk to your supervisor." He said, "Sorry she is to busy right now." OMG !!!!! I told Bob to stay with the luggage & I was on my way to the front of this major line we had. I asked the guy that was in front, crying like a baby by now, "could I please ask the agent a question". He said "Yes, no problem, are you OK." right then, no, I don't think I was. I then again explained our whole situation. She said , "where are your papers." OMG. "They are with my husband at the end of the line." She said, "go get them." So I ran back to Bob & we pushed up to the front of the line with all of our luggage. With everyone either staring at my hysterics or complaining that we were getting ahead. We give this lady a lot of credit. She could not get us on our flight, but she sure tried. We got her name & plan on writing Delta & singing her praises. So, as you can probably already guess. We missed our flight. They did put us on tomorrows flight, but Bob & I were not happy with that. Because, we are worried that this storm will get worse & that flight tomorrow would be delayed or canceled. Plus, our appointment with the SDA is on the 17th, and we cannot miss that. So, Bob & I went to terminal 4 where they told us we could get a wireless Internet connection. Low and behold it was the same terminal we picked & dropped off Natasha at when she was here on her hosting programs. We basically ran right into Aerosvit airlines. Same airlines Natasha used. Bob went up to the counter. Came back & said, they have a flight that leaves at 6:45pm & gets into Kiev at 11:00am, but they only have business class left. OMG. So we have already used our emergency credit card, but we are on our way to Kiev. We both are feeling better right now & are sitting in the business class lounge. We get that luxury because we had to pay for two business class tickets. Ha. We didn't even have a choice. And, of course, Bob just checked our flight and it has been delayed now till 8:00pm. So, we will be "enjoying" the lounge for a bit longer now. Pray that we get to Kiev safely, that God will help us to overcome all of the hurdles being placed in front of us, and the faith to trust in Him.

Hugs everyone,
Gail

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I hope you guys made it on to the Aerosvit flight! PLEASE let us know if we can do anything to help you guys -- we don't want to see you miss the chance to get Natasha!
Love and good luck, Jan and Mike HL

Lucia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucia said...

Bob & Gail, praying for you!! The smile on Natasha's face when she sees you will wash away all the tears of frustration and be replaced with tears of joy!
Blessings,
John & Lucia

Unknown said...

Hey guys - hang in there! Sending prayers your way. Prov 3:5-6

The Schario's

randa said...

Please tell us that the aerosvit flight wasn't cancelled. Praying for you both.
Dad

Rick said...

You guys probably don't know me but I am praying for you. Coincidentally (or not) my next door neighbor is leading a trip to the ukraine right now for summit missions international and I asked his team to pray for you guys while they are there on ukranian soil. So lead hard on God and hang on for your wild ride!

rick royer
www.rickroyer.blogspot.com

Robert Ray said...

Hey, Glad you made it to Kiev. I check flight status last night late and the report I got was that the flight on aerosvit had been cancelled. Sure glad it wasn't! Hope Tuesday is a really good day for the two of you. Hope this timie affords some rest as well; you really deserve that. Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I just received an email from Bob. They made it to Kyiv and will meet their coordinator in the morning for their appointment at the SDA.

Dan
http://www.kidstoadopt.org