Thursday, April 26, 2007

Day 12 - Thursday, April 26

Today we visited with Natasha for most of the afternoon. Our facilitator went by the court house to see the judge, to schedule our court date, before picking us up. We were disappointed that he was too busy to meet with her in the morning. So we stopped at the court house on our way to the boarding school, so she could try again. He refused to see her today because of his busy schedule before the upcoming holidays. He did agree to meet with her first thing tomorrow morning. She believes this is too late for us to be able to have our court date this week. But she also said "miracles can happen." We are still hopeful for that miracle. That the judge will meet with her in the morning, and let us have our court date in the afternoon. If not, then the next working day for the court would be next Thursday, which adds a week to our trip. Please pray for everything to work out tomorrow for our court date ( and maybe a P.S., that the judge will waive the ten day waiting period).

We picked up Natasha and Marina and took them to lunch, and then to the arcade games again. We found a great Georgian restaurant, where we had grilled chicken and pork (real similar to shish-ka-bobs). The girls ate well. However, I think we liked this restaurant better than they did. Once we had eaten, it was off to the arcade. Marina liked to jump, while Natasha was more interested in the other games. It was a fun day.

Natasha is going to be able to come & stay at our apartment with us starting tomorrow instead of Saturday. Because everyone is going to be away celebrating the long holiday weekend, which is Saturday - Wednesday. Bob & I were talking and we don't think the U.S. has any 5 day holiday weekends. Good for some people I guess & bad for others.

Today was mostly pretty uneventful. When Bob & I got back to our apartment we took a walk. The weather was nice today, about 55 degrees and the sun was shining. We stick out like a sore thumb though. We are just in jeans & a shirt out there walking in what we think is kinda warm weather. Everyone else here has their jackets on & little kids have winter coats & hats on. Plus, we smile at people & nobody usually smiles at anyone they pass. We think word has gotten spread around the campus that we are the Americans staying here, because when we were out walking, if we would pass any of the kids they would say "hello". That's English, of course. LOL. Kinda funny and cute.

We have guests with us in our apartment for tonight and tomorrow. There are 2 bedrooms in here. So we have to share for tonight. Don't know about any other nights yet, but I guess we'll see. Shucks, now I can't go to the kitchen in the nude. LOL. LOL. Can you imagine? What a sight. (I never walk around in the nude anyways, just joking.)

Here are a couple of pictures from today.
Krystal. OMG !!! That's what I'm afraid of. Because when I was in my 20's, wearing a size 5 for Pete's sake. I thought I was fat. Now in my 40's I know I'm fat. I don't want to be in my 50's & look back at these pictures & say "wow, I looked good then." Oh my word. That would be even fatter & I would be in big denial. LOL
Shauna. No, no, no. You can't tell me anything about "Lost" until I have had a chance to see them. I can't watch it on-line over here because they only allow that in the states. So, no ruining it for me !!!!! Uncle Bob and his cheese puffs. Do you remember when he use to stop by and eat lunch with us on his lunch break when you were little ?? He would bring Cheese Puffs then also, plus he would also call Aunt Peggy and say "I got to see Shauna and you didn't." LOL. Love you darling. What kind of picture is that of you and Georges. ?!?!?!?!
Uncle Bob, you lost me on your last comment. ?????
Hugs & Kisses to everyone,
God Bless,
Bob & Gail

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can the judge waive the 10 day wait??? I have heard that there is no way possible for them to do that. I am praying you guys get in tomorrow!!!
Krystal

Uncle Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Bob said...

That was me above ^^^^^^^^^^oops
Shauna and georges picture! Good luck Friday! No luck tracking down anything for me today? KEEP LOOKING! You have 5 days with nothing to do after tomorrow.

Lucia said...

Hoping things go well tomorrow morning and that the 10 days are waived for you!! Shauna, awesome pic of you and George. You look so alike! LOL

Anonymous said...

george and i are bringing sexy back. haha.


mommmmmmmmm COME HOMEEEEEEE. i had to kiss grandma when i came home tonite (NO OFFENSE GRANDMA, I JUST MISS MY MOM!...I STILL LUB YOU GRANDMAAAA)


CAN I PLEASE FREAKING TELL YOU ABOUT LOST??!? IT WONT RUIN ANYTHING. IT'LL BLOW YOUR FREAKING MIND! IT'S JUST LIKE 2 SENTANCES. IT WONT RUIN ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THE EPISODES. I PROMISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I CANT STAND THIS! THERE'S ONLY LIKE 4 EPISODES LEFT!


bob. i love you too. just so you dont feel left out : )


<3
Shauna

Robert Ray said...

Can't wait to hear if you get the court date. Hope you are having some needed rest, and are enjoying the sights and environment that has raised your youngest daughter. You have the opportunity to see and experience some of the area where she has spent her life so far. Of course, we'll enjoy showing her around her new home area. God bless you all.
Dad