Monday, April 16, 2007

Day 2. Monday April 16th

Hello everyone. We made it !!!! Yea !!! Aerosvit didn't end up leaving until 9:00 pm or a little after. I had the stewardess take our picture so you could see that we were really on the airplane.

We feel so blessed because we found out that our SDA appointment is tomorrow at 10:00am and if we would have waited for the next flight we wouldn't have made it in time. Plus, we found out that Aerosvit only flies out of JFK to Kiev 3 days a week. And, one of those days just happens to be Sunday. Yea God !! See Shauna our Doves worked !! Randa, I love your comment. Too funny. We arrived in Kiev about 1:15pm. We met our driver, who took us to our apartment that we are renting for the next 2 nights. It's not bad at all. Everything is nice. Here are a few pictures of our apartment.



Bob & I walked around town for about 2 1/2 hours today. Plus we stopped to eat. We went to a cafeteria style restaurant. I have know idea what the food is. It doesn't even look like our food. I picked what I thought looked edible to me. LOL. I just wish they would have the food labeled in English also. Oh well, I suppose I will have to get over it. We stopped at a small market & got some water & some milk because we have a refrigerator here. The fruit market lady was closing up by the time we passed her again. Well, Bob & I have both only had 3 hours sleep. Saturday night & about 3 hours of sleep on the airplane last night. So, we are tired. Going to bed. Pray that our appointment with the SDA goes smoothly tomorrow. Again, our appointment time is 10:00 am. Thanks for all your prayers everyone.

Hugs, Gail

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad to know you arrived.

Michelle

Uncle Bob said...

I just need to know one thing --(Bob). Did Gail Try to Pull down the Oxygen Bag at any time while in flight OR on the ground?? HA HA HA HA HA !!!! GLAD YOU MADE IT!! Post some outside Pics!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys have made it. I having been worrying about you getting there. God is good!
So would you guys recommend the apartment? Is is close to things and have internet?
God Bless!
Krystal

Lucia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucia said...

Glad to hear you made it!!! Get some well-deserved rest. Sending you the best of luck for tomorrow morning!!
John & Lucia

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are there!!!
Keep us updated!!!
Gail I am so proud of you!! And Bob well you are a Saint!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

you'll just lose weight mom, so stop complaining fatty. haha. we went grocery shopping tonite. finally some REAL food in the house. did you hear about that shooting at virginia tech, mom? 33 people were killed. i have friends that go there but they're ok. glad you made it. good luck.

<3 shauna

Unknown said...

Great to hear they finally got you out of NYC and to Kiev. We're definitely learning from your experience -- we'll plan for a flight out 3 days ahead of our SDA appointment. ;^)

-- Mike and Jan