Sunday, April 22, 2007

Day 8. Sunday, April 22nd, 2007

Hello everyone. Bob & I went to church today. Our new friend Slavik drove us there along with his 2 children. One is Helena, who he adopted, from what we can figure out, is the same orphanage that Natasha is at. Cool huh !! She was 7 when he adopted her, she is now 12. We thought maybe when they allow Natasha to come to our apartment and stay with us, her and Helena could maybe play together. His son Rinaldo is his biological son & then he has another biological son (don't know his age or name). That boy stayed home with his wife because he was not feeling well. So we haven't met Slavik's wife yet.
The church service was nice. These were our singers up front leading the songs.


The first hour was in Russian, but Slavik sat behind us & translated for us. This is the Russian preacher.


The 2nd hour was in English. It was done by a guest preacher that is staying right here at the University. He is from California & is here teaching some classes. I believe he and his wife plan on leaving to go back to California on Friday. When the English part of the service started, they had a translator up with him repeating everything in Russian. This was our English Pastor.


A few pictures of the church & building it was in. There were probably about 60 people at church.


It's not very warm here today, and windy. Only about 41 degrees. Burrrrr. Bob & I were going to walk to the grocery store, but we opted out on that one. It's about a 20 minute walk & too cold out. Plus, I have no hat to wear to keep my head warm. LOL. So we didn't do much today after church. Read our books, Bob did some work & sudoku puzzles. ( I still can't figure them out). He says "They are just logic." Grrrrr Bob's work is a little slow because he has to wait a day for the e-mail he needs & the e-mail he sends because of the time difference. I took a nap. That was about it. Looking forward to seeing Natasha tomorrow. We pray that we can get our court date this week.

So only the men drive here in the Ukraine. Very small number of women drive. If the women want to go somewhere & their husband can't take them they have "drivers" they pay to take them. (Now that's more like it !!! LOL) They just go where they are told & sit & wait on you until you come out of the store or where ever you are going. They all drive like maniacs though & talk to the other cars & pedestrians.
I know it's warm back home. I have been told that several times. Bla , Bla , Bla. It will warm up here soon.
Pat & Carla. It's about time we heard from you guys. Tell Steve I'm on chapter 11, page 294. This guy sure seems to end up in jail a lot. LOL !?!?!? And, I also know something & can prove it. LOL. Mine is here say. LOL Give little Parker/Porker a squeeze from me. Love ya & miss you both.
Shauna & Sammy my wonderful children. You need to stop fighting, you all know that Sabrina is truly the favorite. Whhhhaaaaaa. Love to you all. And, rats, there was no skee ball there. because if there was I would have won a lot of tickets for the girls.
Talk to everyone later,
Hugs & Kisses,
Gail

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gail & Bob:

Doug and I are just catching up with your blog. Good idea. We're glad to hear things are going well, and the (long) process is moving forward. I know you can't wait to get back on the plane with your new daughter for your return trip to the U.S.

Our best wishes are with you!

Lynn & Doug Nelson

Anonymous said...

Gail and Bob,
We have not officially met but my husband and I just returned home with our daughter from Russia in December. I feel our paths have been meant to cross since we were involved in the Kid Save program alittle last year and I was to meet you both for dinner with the Fish's a few weeks ago but my plans had changed at the last minute. I have been reading your daily blogs and have been praying for you daily. God bless all of you. Your strength and persistance is incrediable. I cannot wait to meet you when your family is completed!

Chris Rowley

Anonymous said...

mom. yesterday was the busiest day we've ever had at DQ since we opened. that was fun. let me tell you. NOT. i did the dishes today and felt really accomplished. im outta laundry detergent (bc im allergic to that "ALL" stuff) so i can't do my laundry till i can get some more. georges misses you. he says hello.


we all know that Kyle's the favorite. duh. you should've seen her in church today talking and laughin with her friends. and her voice is gone so she sounds ridiculous. hahaha.

i saw kimberly. she's alive. no word yet on my other sisters. haha.

love you
<3 Shauna

Unknown said...

Gail and Bob,
Say hi to Natasha and all the other kids from us. The fun zone was great wasn't it? The lady behind the prize counter gave Alyona the prize she wanted even though she was 3 tickets short! Did you try out the Pasta Project up on the same floor? It was really good and the interactive menu is in English too.

Were you able to give our girls their letters and such? Please say hi and tell them we love them! If you can take a picture of them, that would be great too. Have fun. It sounds like things are going smoothly so far.
Jan and Mike H-L

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - it sounds like all is going well. Sammy watched our kids Saturday night and lived to tell about it. The weather is nice and we miss seeing you all outside. Matthew says he misses you calling to borrow something! He's goofy. Chapter 11 - I'm proud of you. He seems proud of his jail time doesn't he? Enjoy your time together. Can't wait to see more pictures. Take care.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad and Gail:

Me Kelly and Cailin are doing great. I miss you so much. Kelly hasn't been feeling good since she got here. She is going to the doctors today. It has been nice out the past couple of days. Everything seems to be going good with Natasha let us know how she is doing. I havn't gotten to fly my hot air ballon yet it's to windy. I finished that puzzle of the Nativity. I'll have to show you when you get back. Me Cailin and Kelly love you and miss you more than ever

Love Kim Kelly and Cailn

Anonymous said...

Go Gail, Chapter 11! See, this trip is a blessing because you guys get to finish your book.