Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day 15. Sunday April 29th, 2007. 16 days till court

Hello all. Today we went to our 2 hour church service again. First a young lady from Donetsk who is Missionary in a small out of the way Russian town. She was telling us her story, in Russian. But, our friend Slavik interpreted for us again, then an English pastor. It was all very good again, but I must say that I am having trouble staying awake in church even with Slavik interpreting. I don't know why. I guess I'm just use to the more more "up beat" style of Rivertree. I don't fall asleep there. Although all the sermons have been very good, I miss Rivertree & can't wait to get back. Slavik and his family took us to church again. I got to meet his wife today. She is very nice. She does not speak any English though, so Slavik was always interpreting what we said & also what she would say to us or ask us. To go back and forth between the two languages I believe is hard. I think it takes a special "knack" for one to do that. My hat goes off to all that can do it. I don't think I have the perseverance it takes.
Natasha sat in front with Slavik's daughter Helena. We kinda felt that she didn't want to be seen with old "mom & dad." I told Bob. "But, she is only 10 years old. I thought I had one or two more years until this." But, she did look back 2 or 3 times to see if we were still there and gave me a smile each time. It made my heart sing. :)

These were our singers. Different from last week.




This is the young Missionary girl. ( Now, now, Uncle Bob ?!?!?!?!?!)

This was the English pastor who spoke. ( With the interpreter)


After church we treated Slavik & his family to pizza at the Arcade place we have been taking Natasha too. The pizza there is very good & the kids had a blast at the Arcade. I bet we were there 3 hours eating and talking while the kids played. The kids ate very quick so they could go play. It is fun watching them all have fun. Bob snuck in a few times to get some pictures. This is Natasha with Helena.


We got back to our apartment about 4:00pm and Natasha & Helena spent about 3 1/2 hours playing back and forth from our apartment on the 3rd floor to Helena's apartment on the 1st floor. I wish I could understand what they are saying to one another. They talk non-stop. It was a good day.

I know this will probably start my fat jokes again. But look what I bought at the grocery store. I had a chocolate attack & a weak moment. Yum, Yum.


Dad Ray. Thank you for your comments. You are so very kind. We love you !!

Jan. For Pete's sake darling. If we would have had the court date on Friday the 27th. Our 10 day waiting period would have ended on May 7th. Back to Kiev on the 8th. Home by the 11th, 12th, or 13th ?? LOL. But thanks for trying to make me feel better. I'm still laughing !!! LOL We are going back to the orphanage on the 8th for sure. They are going to have some kind of program and we want to see it. We will ask then about Alyona's medicine & Elyona. And get pictures if we can. It's the least we can do. You guys have helped us out so much with this phone. It is really nice to have one hear & for the kids to be able to call us. Good luck on your Dossier.


Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
God Bless,

Love,
Gail

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail - you so made me want chocolate with that picture! I was so surprised that you get to keep Natasha with you - what great news. We missed you guys at group Friday and can't wait to have you back. So if your court date is the 15th when do you expect to come home? Matthew said to tell Natasha that "monkey" said hi.

Take care -
Michelle

Anonymous said...

MMmmm... Chocolate. Thanks Gail, now you gave me a hankering for chocolate.

Glad and suprised that Natasha is with you all. It is great that you guys get to bond more.

Yea!! The 10 days were waived. That is excellant news

Glad to hear that despite the set backs, you flight went well (and you did not need sadated).

You all look well. Love and prayers
The Biggs Family

Robert Ray said...

Gail, my favorite DIL, was that a sub-conscious invitation for me to ask for a piece of that wonderful chocolate cake. I just got up from a nap, and that would r3eally go good right--with a dish of ice cream, of course. Maybe by the time you leave you will be able toopen the oven door and wrap up a left-over piece for me!

Love you all,
Dad

Anonymous said...

To confirm your enrollment at Calvin, a deposit of $300 (U.S. dollars) is required by June 1, 2007. Enrollment deposits are not refundable after the due date; the housing application fee is non-refundable.

Your enrollment deposit will be applied to your account in the following ways:

Your orientation fees ($125)
A non-refundable housing application fee ($25), if you plan to live on campus.
The balance of your $300 enrollment deposit will be applied to your account.






im gonna apply for that trip as well (august 20th-28th) and i signed up for on campus orientation from august 29th-sept 3rd (required for transfer students, and you guys can come too)


this is just easier than sending an email. so, what do i do about the deposit. i still haven't gotten anything back yet about financial aid. should i wait a while?

-shauan

Anonymous said...

i wish i could spell my own name. that'd be swell.

Robert Ray said...

I know Shauna can speak Spanish, probably Russian, but maybe she needs a little more exposure to English!

Anonymous said...

usted son tan chistoso!


...NOT