Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 11 - Wednesday, April 25 - A Day of Rest

Well our plans for today turned out a little different. Our facilitator called and said she received the consent to adopt from the SDA in Kiev. Yea !!! I was exhausted from the non-stop running around since our arrival in Ukraine, and Bob had some work to do. So we decided to stay at our apartment, while our facilitator did her best to get our court date this week. Unfortunately the bills still come in, even though we are in Ukraine, so it is good that Bob is still able to spend some time doing work. It was disappointing not to see Natasha this afternoon, but the main goal is getting our court date so we can have her with us permanently. We also took a walk and ate dinner with Laura and Dave here at the University. Thanks guys. Dinner was great. We had soft tacos & rice. Laura is a great cook.

We have talked to Kelly again today, and everybody has been so helpful with their concern, visits, and prayers. Thank you, thank you all. Kelly is doing much better and apparently is going to get to go home today. Yea !!!! Glad your feeling better Kelly bear. We miss you & love you. We got your pictures & video. Thanks. It really helped to be able to see you & hear you. (A big thanks to Lucia on that one.)

Hey Mom. Yes, I do believe the kids like their schedule. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree huh. LOL. The Circus is on water, or around water, or something like that. Should be interesting to say the least. We can see pictures/posters of the circus with people in the water holding up Alligators. Should be interesting.
Gibbs. OMG !! I'm serious. And I'm not eating that much, so "bite me." Oops, Grandma Plummer reads this. Sorry Grandma. As far as church goes. I'm so very proud of you. But come on, we all know that the real reason you went to church is because the pastor was talking about sex !!! So, when we get home, I expect you at church, for a real sermon, sitting up front with Bob I. O.K. Also, if it took me going to the Ukraine to get you to pray, that's pretty good. Huh. Thanks Gibbs. You make me laugh & that's hard to do over here sometimes. I understand you didn't like what Natasha picked out for you. LOL. She was all in favor, said they were perfect for you. I don't understand the problem. :)

Hey my Sammy. How is your busy week going for you ? Don't stress out. You will do perfect. You always do. And from now on, don't read Uncle Bob's comments. LOL. Love you my Sammy !!

My Shauna. For Pete's sake. If I get anymore chin I'm going to start looking like Tinkerbell. And, I haven't had one donut & the pastries are suppose to be delicious over here. Keep taking good care of Georges, Dakota, Princess, Marshmallow, & Tinkerbell. We miss them all. I was so desperate today that I almost tried to pet the stray kitty that runs around here. But then I thought about it more. LOL. Laura said that when it's cold out or raining out the people here will let the cat into the building & it goes up & down the stairs meowing until someone lets it in or gives it something to eat. Awwwww. How nice. Can you imagine if I was here all the time. Everyone would be like "Who let that cat in again?" I would just have to smile. Miss you darling. Love you lots.

Hi Lynn & Doug. Yes, Sasha was there. We had run into her just by chance the other day, but forgot to get a picture of her. Bob ran into her yesterday while Natasha & I were inside. So, I posted that picture for you. Hope that helps. Bob said it would probably be easier for you to talk to Sasha through Olga or whoever else. We are happy to help, but we have only run into her twice & both times she was on her way somewhere else. I don't know. I know it's hard to be away. But I must say, It's kinda hard to be here also. Nice place, seen the sights, but now I want to go home. LOL. You know the deal though.
Oh Dan, my buddy. All I can say is maybe, I'm not sure though, but maybe, you have no room to talk. LOL. LOL. If you have some fat embarrassing picture of me, just keep it to yourself O.K. I don't need to see anymore. I'm glad that everyone is enjoying my fatness pictures. I guess the camera doesn't lie though. I just keep looking in the mirror & expecting to see my 20 something body & I look and it's my 40 something body. I can hardly wait to see my 50 something body. LOL. Yes, we have seen the bowling alley, but don't know about skating yet. I'm sure we can find out. And, on Bob's side, he is taking us to the Circus on Tuesday. I'm sure that will be in Russian. I can't imagine sitting through a Theater in Russian not knowing the language.
Hugs & Kisses to all,
God Bless,
Gail

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail....just think when you are 50 you will think your 40 body is great! So you have something to look forward to. Glad all is going so well. Thanks for the great updates. I look forward to reading them everyday.
Krystal Pister

Lucia said...

Just talked to Kelly and she is getting ready to go home. YEAH!! She sounds a lot better.

Robert Ray said...

Sounds like the rest was very good! And you are getting closer to completion of the program. Glad Kelly is better -- what a time to get sick, huh, Kelly Bear?
Gail, just imagine what 70 will do!
Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

i about peed my pants when you said you'd look like tinkerbelle. omw.

im still laughing.


uncle bob got me cheese puffs. YUM!


OMG! I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT LOST! THEY ACTUALLY FREAKING TOLD US SOMETHING! HOLY COW! LIKE, WATCH IT ONLINE OR SOMETHING. I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THIS!


<3
Shauna

Anonymous said...

[IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/estoydurmiendo/DSC04254.jpg[/IMG]


we miss you. come home.

<3

shauna n george

Anonymous said...

wow. that didn't work.

just click on this link, then.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/estoydurmiendo/DSC04254.jpg



<3
shauna and george.

Anonymous said...

why wont it work?!?!


http://i52.photobucket.com/
albums/g23/estoydurmiendo/
DSC04254.jpg



AHHH. try that one.

Uncle Bob said...

That was Scarrrry. I wont be able to sleep for days! HaHA!!